The demand for quantitative Point of Care (PoC) testing is increasing, driven by the need to access results faster for improved patient safety, satisfaction and clinical outcomes across a variety of settings which cannot be achieved by existing systems.
To meet these needs, AgPlus Diagnostics have developed a diagnostic platform technology that will deliver against the demanding market requirements of a true quantitative PoC product for use across a wide range of clinical applications.
The technology, developed for OEM Business-to-Business solutions will deliver a client customised assay system for rapid diagnostics. The platform can be used across multiple applications and sectors, critically where faster diagnostic results will enable users to make decisions, with confidence, in minutes not hours or days.
AgPlus' technology will deliver a step change in the use of IVD and POC diagnostics.
Utilising the Ag+ patented electrochemical immunoassay, tests are run in a contained single use microfluidic chip in conjunction with the handheld reader. The unique signalling and measurement system allows for extremely sensitive, accurate and quantifiable results to be obtained from a very small sample volume (50µl), in 10 minutes or less.
The non-optical detection system with low power consumption has enabled the development of the handheld, fully portable, battery powered reader. Ag+ chemistry can be multiplexed on a single chip, allowing several tests to be carried out, from one sample all on the same handheld device. The reader is communication enabled, letting results from any number of systems to be transmitted and stored in a central locations.
The key features of the Ag+ technology are:
- Portable – A compact, low power system that can be used where truly portable diagnostics are needed across multiple settings from in-field testing to clinical environments
- Rapid – Fully quantitative results given in 10 minutes or less
- Sensitivity – System delivers results comparable to central laboratory analysers
- Versatile – Detection technology allows for use across multiple sectors including human, veterinary and environmental diagnostics, sports medicine and military applications
- Adaptable – Developed as a platform technology, the system and chemistry can be adaptable for use alongside PoC in small lab/bench top systems through to central laboratory facilities.
- Flexibility – Both new biomarkers and existing chemistries can be transferred on to the platform and integrated with existing information management systems.