AgPlus Diagnostics have developed a Point of Care (PoC) diagnostic platform technology in a portable, battery powered handheld device that delivers fully quantitative results in 10 minutes.
The technology platform can be used across multiple applications and sectors, critically where faster diagnostic results give users the ability to make decisions, with confidence, in minutes not hours or days.
AgPlus' technology will deliver a step change in the use of IVD and POC diagnostics.
The Ag+ platform utilises its patented electrochemical immunoassay technology in a single use microfluidic chip. The unique signalling and measurement system, based on the detection of amplified silver ions by anodic stripping voltammetry, allows extremely sensitive, accurate and quantifiable results to be obtained from a very small sample volume (50µl), in under 10 minutes.
The electrochemical detection method brings the advantage of low power consumption for running assays when compared to other systems, allowing for the development of a battery-operated, fully portable handheld reader. Ag+ chemistry can also be multiplexed on a single chip, allowing several tests to be carried out, from one sample all on the same handheld device. The reader is communication enabled, letting results from any number of systems to be transmitted and stored in a central locations.
The key features of the Ag+ technology are:
- Portable – A compact, low power system that can be used where truly portable diagnostics are needed across multiple settings from in-field testing to clinical environments
- Rapid – Fully quantitative results given in 10 minutes or less
- Sensitivity – System delivers results comparable to central laboratory analysers
- Versatile – Detection technology allows for use across multiple sectors including human, veterinary and environmental diagnostics, sports medicine and military applications
- Adaptable – Developed as a platform technology, the system and chemistry can be adaptable for use alongside PoC in small lab/bench top systems through to central laboratory facilities.
- Flexibility – Both new biomarkers and existing chemistries can be transferred on to the platform and integrated with existing information management systems.